Product Review : OPI Color Paints

I hope you're all having a great week so far....it's Thursday (so almost Friday) so wahoo! Andrew is traveling for work until the end of the week so I've been able to really unleash my inner nail polish addict and I've been painting my nails like a fiend! I'm trying to swatch so many polishes so I can have fall back posts in case I get super busy.
I mentioned in my What I Got for Christmas post a couple weeks ago that my sister and her husband gifted me the OPI Color Paints kit. The kit comes with 6 polishes, including a silver "undercoat" and then 5 other polishes ranging from yellow to orange to blue to pink to purple. I set out to give them a try today and I have to say I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO USE THIS. Really. No clue. So this is what I ended up with at first:
I just painted all my nails with the silver and then painted splotches on each nail with the remaining colors. I wasn't happy with it though so I set out to create a different design to use the kit for. I was happy to realize that the somewhat thin consistency of the polishes made them perfect for water marbling. Seriously. PERFECT. They don't even look like the same colors! Here's my water marble:
I painted my nails with the silver undercoat and then just used the other polishes to marble.
I am OBSESSED with these polishes for watermarbling. I think the colors are incredibly vibrant and are really easy to work with. So even if you aren't used to water mabling you can get really good results. The colors look very 70s don't they?? Austin Powers anyone?
Big fan of the OPI Color Paints!

12 comments

  1. beautiful colors, thanks for follow, i already follow your blog ,
    see you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no clue why it took me so long to find! I thought you were only on Google+. I'm excited to see what designs you post :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1/28/2016

    Love the water marble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha austin powers anyone is a good one! in fact i love how psychedelic they look. well these colors really seem to be everything, i think i'm including them in my wishlist..actually i really like the first look too cause you can really tell they are color paints and the colors are so vibrant and shiny, but i can totally tell why you think there's something off with it. i was amazed by the water marble: 1) it looks surprisingly so matte..why? it looks like you put a mattifying top coat on it! 2) not sure if it's random or you did that on purpose but love the various patterns on the different nails 3) colors are so vibrant and pigmented they almost look like breaking the screen here. now you can go on a ghost hunt with scooby-doo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, they DO look matte come to think of it. I have no clue why -- I had a coat of Seche Vite on them. Hmm, I'll have to repeat this design and see what's what with the matte-ness. I'll report back. Hahaha, they are perfect for Scooby Doo! Just call me Velma!

      Delete
  4. Nice water marbling! :D I just bought a few of the full sized bottles from TJ Maxx. I totally need to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how it turns out for you! Definitely a worthwhile purchase!

      Delete
  5. Guess what I got for Christmas ? Same Kit and I haven't tried mine yet but now I want to open them and try some designs.

    --Sony
    http://nailscontext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh such a great Christmas gift to receive! I look forward to seeing the design you come up with (especially some water marbling!)

      Delete
  6. So cool! I just received these can't wait to try them! Water marble looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so awesome -- the perfect addition to a polish collection even if you already have a ton of polishes. You'll have to post them on your blog so I can check them out!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig