If you've been a visitor of my blog for a while now, then you know the drill that happens at the end of the year here on the Files. I choose my Top 14 of 2014 around the end of January and then create a list of things I hope to do, accomplish, etc in the coming year. So, looking back at my 14 Things for 2014 post, let's see if I failed miserably or just missed a few! A few of them I will be carrying forward to 2015. I'm backdating this post because...ya know.
14 Things for 2014
Post at least 8 times each month. No "I'm busy" excuses!Hmmm, I failed 5 months...BUT a few other months had 14-15 posts so it as evens out ya know?! Of course there's that whole not-one-post-in-December thing but...eh.
- Complete 18 swatches of new polishes. Not even close...only 3 swatches. How is that possible?!
- Wear the same color (but not specific polish) for a whole month and blog it. Ex: "Mauves all May" or "Maroons all March"...although that's way to specific so I'll have to do a more general "blues" or "purples" for a month instead. Totally forgot about this! Will carry it forward!
Restart my Toetally Tuesdays posts.Nope. Failed.
- Complete a First Friday Favorites post every month. Lol, I need to stop thinking I will do this! Trying it for ONE MORE YEAR and then I will abandon it.
Try a new design technique.I think I did do this this year! Bake more. What can I say? I like cookies...I made a few cake pops and I think a cake...so yeah I did this! Reach 100 amazing followers and do a giveaway to celebrate.Done and done! Totally awesome!
- Complete a nail design for every major holiday in the US. Nope, missed the last few. Will carry this through to 2015.
Complete a cross-stitch project.I completed the one for Steph and Matt! Of course, I started another that is NOT finished. I'll blog about that later!
- Watermark all my blog photos. That's a huge undertaking...
- Buy a nail polish from the CoverGirl Hunger Games collection. I think I got the orange one!
- Visit Maine (to see my best college buddy!) this summer. Nope. I was working :(
Last but not least, review this list January 1, 2015 and create 15 things for 2015.DID IT!
Alrighty, it looks like I failed miserably. That's ok though, that's what being a blogger is all about! Set some goals, miss them, and keep trying! In the spirit of thinking I will do better...here are my 15 for 2015!
15 Things for 2015!
- Complete at least 10 swatches over the year.
- Update my list of nail polish to reflect some of my new polishes!
- Wear the same color family for an entire month.
- Complete a Friday Favorites post every month.
- Have a nail design for every major holiday in the US.
- Complete my current cross-stitch project.
- Survive the BAR EXAM!
- Maybe do a youtube video or tutorial or something.
- Keep on top of my Toetally Tuesday posts (at least 2 per month)
- STOP neglecting my blog!
- Use up all my random lotions and potions that are piling up in my bathroom.
- Have a guest post here on the files!
- Do a giveaway.
- Try a new design technique.
- Review this list and create a 10 Things for 2016! (16 would be ridiculous)