Valentine's Day 2018 - Round Two

My husband and I don't typically make any special Valentine's Day plans because neither of us really thinks it's a holiday. We do celebrate the day a little but it's never been anything to stress over and we never go out to any restaurant. He always (for the last....8 years or so) surprises me with assorted Godiva truffles and I usually get him something small. Last year it was a Philips Hue light bulb to go with the our new lighting system, and this year it was a new Contigo auto-seal water bottle (I am obsessed with mine) and some almonds (his new fave). Over the past few years we have also flexed our culinary muscle and prepared a gourmet meal for the two of us to enjoy. What can I say, the way to our hearts is obviously through our stomachs. This year we made this:
For Christmas I had given Andrew a mini grill, with the promise to replace it with a full size grill when we buy our first house (if that ever happens--lol). So we made some steak, baked potato wedges, and roast asparagus with hollandaise sauce. And for dessert, the creme de la creme....creme brulee. Yummmm! Everything turned out delicious and the champagne at the end was the cherry on top! I will admit, he bruleeing of the creme brulee was terrifying. Of course I made Andrew do it because I'm a wuss.

And of course, a second round of Valentine's Day nails were in order for our special round two Valentine's dinner.
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Did anyone else have a post-Valentine's Day valentine's day celebration?

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig