2019 Chinese Lantern Festival


Have you noticed I am trying to catch up on my backlog of posts?! Lol. Next on the list? My trip to the 2019 Philadelphia Chinese Lantern Festival. We usually go with my broski and get some dim sum beforehand and that's exactly what we did a few weekends ago. The lantern festival in theory does not change year-to-year bu they introduce new lanterns each year.  Here are a few our our favorites from this year:

I really liked the Legend of the Mermaid and the dolphin...in his little top hat!
The lanterns are so vividly colored and it's always so fun to take photographs of them. I think they are the only nighttime pics that actually turn out for me! It's the Year of the Pig so they had some pig lanterns.
My absolute favorite thing this year was their introduction of a new type of lantern. These "lanterns" were not made with silk like the other lanterns...
...they were made with tiny vials of colored liquid! This lantern was called The Kylin, a series of four mythological creatures surrounding a central cauldron. This lantern was made with more than 30,000 tiny bottles!

And they had a whole exhibit on pandas.
Now I can look forward to our dim sum and lanterns for 2020!

  1. Have you ever seen Chinese lanterns?
  2. If you could create a lantern what would it look like?
  3. Do you have a lantern festival near you?

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig