Senior Week Event 1: Philadelphia

My college handles graduation in fantastic fantastic ways! First, we finish with finals and get to relax AND THEN we spend the entire next week just hanging out, having a blast, and going to any of the events they plan just for seniors. No wonder it's called Senior Week!

For Saturday into Sunday they had planned a trip to AC but my friends didn't really want to go. Instead, Kristen wanted to go to Philadelphia since she's never been there. After a huge blowup about leaving Friday (my birthdayyyy by the way) versus Saturday we ended up heading out on Saturday and spent the day in Philadelphia. Of course, we had to do the tourist-y things since it was her first time there but my boyfriend tagged along (he lives in Philly so he guided us)...and I loved having him around.

Like I said, I have been to Philly about a bajillion times to visit Andrew...but oddly enough....I have never made him march us over to Love Park for the touristy and very cliche LOVE sign picture:
It was great timing too! Some random lady with a microphone and bullhorn started protesting something or other RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SIGN right after we finished with our picture! Crazy Philly.
Liberty Bell...I haven't seen it since my 3rd grade class trip probably. My friend said it was under some sort of box....yeah...wrong. I knew it wasn't!

Then we went to the Philadelphia Zoo.
I hadn't been to the zoo in a very long time and it ended up being a lot of fun. I got to check out the giraffes, lions, tigers, bears (oh my!), African Wild Dogs, but my favorite had to be this cat. I have no clue what it's actually called but...it just looks like a giant kitty to me. I wanted to take it home!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig