Earth Day 2016

In my Things for 2016 post I mentioned that I failed to do manicures for every Holiday in 2015 and that for this year I wanted to complete manicures for the major holidays. Today isn't exactly a major holiday but it's one that deserves a nail post anyway....Earth Day! Earth Day seems to be celebrated in a ton (100+) of countries but if you don't know about it it's just a day where you show support for environmental protection and can gain more awareness about how your lifestyle impacts the bigger global picture. I have to admit I am not the greenest person around and I really should try harder to minimize my waste and environmental impact. Today is a great day to do some research and figure out what I can do to help the Earth. I did my nails to look like this:
Because we all live on the same Earth and face the same problems if it's not taken care of, here are a couple things to think about this Earth Day. For me, I was most interested in learning about water and water conservation. We all know water is difficult to get in some countries and we waste water by ignoring leaky faucets, leaving the water on while brushing our teeth/washing our faces, taking unnecessarily long showers, and inefficiently cleaning our clothes...but I didn't realize just how much water is wasted in creating the food I eat everyday! National Geographic can show you what your water footprint is, if you're interested. I can say I'll definitely be more conscious of my water usage during 2016.

13 comments

  1. Nicely done! :)

    This was the first year in a while I didn't participate in any Earth Day activities. :/ The company I work for has an event every year where volunteers go around town and pick up litter. I wanted to join in, but things didn't work out. Next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome that your company participates in environmental activities on Earth Day. My fiance's company does that and I wish mine did too!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty!!!
    Would you like to follow each other? let me know and I follow you back.
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcela! Absolutely, why not?

      Delete
  3. Nice! I love all the references to Earth and environment etc.
    To be honest, I only realized it had been Earthday when I saw the posts about it the next day :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there are so many things like that that happens. I feel like I always find out about things or remember things when I check blogs and see all the posts and everything. It happens!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this manicure :)
    Me and my fiancƩ try to live as green as possible all year around and we celebrate Earth Day and Earth Hour every year :)
    I love all the designs and the colors of this manicure :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome you are conscious about your effect on the planet all year long. I did not know about Earth Hour?! What is that??

      Delete
  5. Eu amei suas unhas azuis!
    I loved your blue nails!
    Bjoo

    Tiemi
    RoseBox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig