Happy Halloween 2018: My Amazon Costume + Painting + Pumpkins!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween! I binged on leftover candy and am now lounging on our couch watching Hocus Pocus and staring at all the wrappers in shame. Lol. I'm also trying to complete a bit of work before I call it a night. I'll admit, it was really fun passing out candy tonight and seeing all the little kids in their costumes. It's such a different experience from this side of the door. But of course, because I'm literally five, I had to dress in costume too--an easy costume because I'm super busy and didn't have time to sort out a legitimate costume.
$15 on Amazon and I had a Pink Ladies costume good to go. Easy as that!

A couple of weekends ago my husband and I carved pumpkins (again, because I'm five). Can you tell which is mine?
If you guessed the Treats sign, then you're right! Husband did the witch. My favorite pumpkin carving design is still my Tinkerbell pumpkin from 2015. I also really liked my Eiffel Tower carving which I did in 2010, pre-trip to Paris by 7 years!

We ended up putting the pumpkins out on Halloween but for the remainder of October our home decor looked like this:
I loved the wreath and the cornstalk on our lamp. Plus, the mums and haybales made it very festive! Mosts festive house in our neighborhood. Just kidding.

Leading up to Halloween we also had two paint nights that were Halloween-themed. First was this adorable little cat:
The other options were a ghost or an owl.
But that wasn't all the painting we did. Two weekends ago, my mom, my sister and I painted a very Fall chic wooden pallet at Painting with a Twist. It was really fun to do something with just us girls--I couldn't remember the last time we did anything just us--and it definitely got me into the Halloween/Autumn mood.
Now I'm going to sleep off this candy binge before rolling into work tomorrow.

How was your Halloween? Did you dress up as anything? Did you do any Halloween/Fall themed activities? I'd love to hear!

2 comments

  1. We don't celebrate Halloween over here but we have a similar "holiday" on November 11th called Sint Maarten which is mostly celebrated in rural areas, not so much in cities where Halloween is on the rise (probably because of the internet). I wonder if we'll get any kids doing the rounds for treats on Sint Maarten. I did have Halloween themed nails though! Maybe you've seen them already :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say stock up on some treats even if you don't get any kids for Sint Maarten....then you can enjoy some tasty snacks! Lol. And yes! Of course I saw them! Your gradient sky is amazing and the stamping is sooo spooky! You can't go wrong with a graveyard scene for Halloween! By the way, AMEN to your comment about the glare in the photos. I struggle with that every single time I try to photograph my nails. So frustrating!

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig