Taylor Swift Reputation Stadium Tour

My sister and I saw Lady Gaga in 2010 and we both thought she put on a fantastic show. But Taylor Swift? I don’t even know where to begin this post. It was an absolute spectacle, featuring a mash up of songs, banter, fireworks, lights, props, amazing costumes, etc. From the moment the lights went off and Joan Jett's Bad Reputation started to the time she...ahhh I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start at the beginning.
My sister gifted me and my brother tickets for our birthdays this past May as a surprise. Which is amazing because when I answered the 100 random questions on January 5, 2018 of this year, my answer to #78 "Who would you like to see in concert" was Taylor Swift!  She read my mind!

We all rode to Lincoln Financial Field together (hello $40 parking?!) and went to Victory Brew Hall in Xfinity Live! for some pre-show dinner. They had a live band playing while we sat outside waiting for our table and then we enjoyed a couple drinks and a deliciously HUGE crab pretzel. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed just hanging out.

We made it to while Charli XCX (one of the two opening acts for TSwift) was on the stage. She was a ton of energy and wore this really crazy iridescent pant/crop jacket thing. She was a lot of fun to watch and I sung along to Icona Pop's "I Love It" (which she was featured on). Then Camila Cabello came on and I was just waiting for her to sing "Havana" because I'm obsessed with it. I didn't get the greatest photos of the opening acts but at least this gives you the idea:

Taylor didn’t take the stage until right around 9 p.m. And from there it didn't stop until after 11 p.m. On our way into the stadium we were handed "gifts from Taylor" i.e. white-ish plastic bracelets which I was convinced were lo-jack. Kidding. When the show began we found out what they were for....lights! 
She made the audience part of the show by giving us all LED light bands that pulsed to her music. It was really fun and we got to keep them as souvenirs afterwards.

Her concert was absolutely incredible. I stole some of these photos from my sister's Instagram because they were better than mine. her show had the most amazingly choreographed lights, fire, and fireworks.

She also featured a GIANT snake during one of her performances. And look how amazing all of the audience looked with their light up wrists!

One of the most interesting parts of the show was an equipment malfunction during the song “Delicate.” She handled it like an absolute pro and I enjoyed the brief a capello songs she sang as she tried to figure out what to do. It ended up working out and the show continued without any more incidents. There are tons of videos and articles about it. Check this videoe and this article, for example.


Have you ever seen Taylor Swift? What has been your favorite concert? 

1 comment

  1. Very lovely nails
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful post
    NEW POST
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/07/the-thou-shalt-trilogy-new-bestselling.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig