Happy Valentine's Day 2014 Dearies!

When my boyfriend lived in Philadelphia we used to have "Floor Chinese" when I would visit. No, that doesn't mean we ate Chinese off his floor. Ok, maybe we did, but it's not what it sounds like. We'd put a blanket down and sit on top of it with all our food containers so it was sort of like an indoor-picnic where we could watch TV. Anyway, this Valentine's day my boyfriend and I planned on Floor Chinese and a movie (he's oh so romantic) but then he got snowed out of Philadelphia International Airport and stuck in Denver until Saturday....missing Valentine's Day. Grr, who schedules a work trip to Colorado when there's supposed to be a snowstorm on your return date??? I even got him a small V-Day gift and made him V-Day cake pops (which I'm posing with in the picture below). Needless to say I'm pretty bummed we can't spend V-Day together and, shockingly, he hasn't even mentioned anything about missing it. I guess all you guys are my Valentines this year!! Haha. 
On a side note, this is the first (and probably last) time I made cake pops. They're so sweet. I had 3 and now I think I'm set for life! Jk. I think they turned out really perfect looking for Valentine's Day!

For this V-Day look: I used Color Club Miss Bliss with OPI Black Shatter over it and ULTA Cocktail Waitress hearts. Simple...yet cute. I think the holo almost steals the show even with the shatter toning it down!
Do you have any Valentine's Day plans? (for your nails or your significant other)
Send me links to your Valentine's Day nail art!

P.S. Not seeing my boyfriend on Valentine's Day is pretty much the norm. Click here for my Valentine's Day 2013 manicure.

5 comments

  1. aww its such a simple but cute manicure your nails looks like chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This model looks really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your chocolate mani!! It's so funny b/c I just showed my Vday mani to my son and he said "Mom, you should have made chocolate nails"! No kidding!! That was literally about fifteen minutes ago!! What a coincidence!! Sorry that you BF is stuck in Denver! At least you can celebrate on your own "special Day"! Hope you have a great day, anyways. Hey, at least your nails look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this one! not sure why i had lost it. need to check previous posts every time hehe. i adore the idea inspired by chocolate candies, so unique, i adore how it came out in the finish, the fact that it is so different and agressive, you rock girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig