101 in 1001: Answering the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

One day I was randomly googling and I somehow came across The 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind on a website. I was intrigued but too busy to read/answer them all at the time so I added them to my 101 in 1001 list that I was making at the time. Well, it's now 2017 and what better time than now to complete the 50 questions? Here they are: (Note: this actually took way longer than anticipated to complete!)


  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Probably about 60-70? My hobbies include watching Jeopardy!, cross-stitching, and cooking/baking. I will be a really good grandma someday.
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying.
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Hmm, pressure from others/society?
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Absolutely. But I'm working on that. Hence the 101 in 1001 list and my bucket list!
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? The way people interact with each other.
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Traveling, photographing my travels, and sharing my life on this blog!
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Hmm, this is deep and I'm not sure. Obviously being a lawyer is not what I would choose to do if I could choose anything in the world to do...but it's good for now.
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I wouldn't worry so much about setting up my future and probably would live a lot more in the moment.
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? About 40-60%?
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing things right...but who decides what "right' is?!
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do? I would probably point out a few good things about the person. I don't like when people talk badly of others and I wouldn't go along with it.
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Do you man. Make yourself happy.
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Absolutely.
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? I don't think so. Not in my actual life. I think Picasso showed some insanity but also creativity.
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I'm really good at seeing how things will happen and be able to anticipate things.
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Different strokes for different folks. We're not all the same!
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back? Traveling the world and experiencing a life other than the one I'm used to. I'm being held back because traveling isn't free!
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes. Without a doubt.
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I would move to Colorado. As you know, my fiance lived there for 6 months and I got to visit a couple of times. The state itself was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and the people there seemed so much nicer and more friendly than the people on the East Coast. There was so much to do in Colorado and I would love to live there if I had the opportunity.
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? I do not push the elevator button more than once. I also don't use the button that closes the door. I don't think either of those actually do anything.
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton.
  22. Why are you, you? A combination of nature and nurture of course. I'm a beautiful mix of my life's experiences, the people who have come and gone, and a product of the society I live in.
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I think so.
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you. Because then there's really no good reason for the growing apart other than you're too lazy to keep the relationship going.
  25. What are you most grateful for? My sweetheart to-be husband who makes me a better person and opened my eyes to a world outside my own.
  26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? I don't know. Both would be awful!
  27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes.
  28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No.
  29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now? I don't remember a time 5 years ago. I can remember a time 1-2 years ago and yes it still matters. In 3 years it probably won't.
  30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special? All of my gymnastics memories. Those make me so happy because I was doing something I loved and really enjoyed and I was having success doing it.
  31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Not sure.
  32. If not now, then when? Gymnastics. Probably my one true passion.
  33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? I don't know.
  34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? No, I don't think so.
  35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because the religion also supports only that one religion as being the correct religion?
  36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? I don't think so. I think you need to know context around the situation in order to decide what is good and evil.
  37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Yes.
  38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work that I actually enjoy doing.
  39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Yes.
  40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? All the time when I go into court.
  41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Every single person I could. Starting and ending with my family.
  42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? I don't think so. I'd rather have the years.
  43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Truly living is doing more than just going through the motions. 
  44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? All the time.
  45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because making a "mistake" means we did something wrong...and no one likes feeling like they did something wrong and should have acted differently.
  46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Hmmm, I'm not sure.
  47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Just now.
  48. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? My life (most of the time).
  49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? No, they were both work days and I probably won't remember them past six months from now...
  50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I'm trying to make them.
If you answer these questions send me a link so I can read your responses!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig