Friday Favorites: January

New year, new installment of a post idea. I love to keep bringing new things and ideas to my blog here because I never want it to get boring or predictable (one of the reasons I don't do swatches only). Welcome to the first installment of Friday Favorites! On a Friday of each month I will post a few polishes or something from my collection that I'm obsessed with at the moment and/or designs that I'm loving at the moment. If the pictures aren't mine (like if I saw a design on someone else's blog that I totally loved the way they did it) I will give credit. If no credit is given, then it's all mine! I hope you enjoy a new installment here on NikkisNailFiles!

Without further adieu, here are a few of my January 2014 Favorites:


A product thumbnail of Beauty Secrets Professional Nail Polish Remover Gallon
My favorite nail-related thing right now would have to be this tonnage (gallon) of Beauty Secrets Professional Acetone nail polish remover that my dear Mops (my mom) gave me as a gift for Christmas last month. I have dreamed about this ginorm bottle (er, bucket?) of nail polish remover because I go through nail polish remover like a doctor goes through bandaids and now I think I'm set until at least...next Christmas? Anyway, using nail polish remover has a horrid effect on my nails so I loved when I started using the Beauty Secrets Professional Acetone because, for whatever reason, it didn't dry my cuticles out as badly as the generic brand of acetone at Target did. The only problem is I threw out my last normal bottle (which looked like this) so now I have to use two cotton balls at once or risk flooding the place!

I'm also loving the line of Color Club holo polishes I bought from Amazon a few weeks ago. Seriously, I hope this trend never dies because I finally have my hands on some puuurty holo polishes. Now, if only I had a silvery one. Nfu anyone?



Lastly, my favorite design this month would have to be the Pantone Color of the Year Radiant Orchid orchid manicure done over on Chalkboard Nails. Is this not the most flawless design you've ever seen? All of her designs are incredible but this one in particular is like....impossibly perfect. Kudos to Pantone for picking such a great color for 2014! And kudos to Chalkboard Nails for having such great mani skills. Totes jealous.




(Photo from Chalkboard Nails. It is NOT my image.)

2 comments

  1. I also bought the Halo Hues 2013 from Amazon, chomping at the bit for them to arrive in my mailbox! Can't wait to see what you do with them ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they arrive quickly for you! They're so gorgeous and you will absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig