Just Me and My Jack

O' Laterns!


18 days until Halloween! While I still don't have any plans yet, I decided to get a jump on some kick ass nail designs for the quickly approaching Halloween. Some fun facts for you guys about Halloween: Jack O'Laterns originated in Ireland. People placed candles in hollowed-out turnips to keep spirits and ghosts away on the Samhain holiday. Also, pumpkins come in white, blue and green! How colorful!


Mmmmm the thoughts of Reeses Cups are twirling in my mind. Yum! I miss trick-or-treating like a kid. Free candy?! Yes, please!


Anyway, these nails are maybe the most recognizable sign of Halloween....Jack O'Laterns! I used this really cool glow in the dark polish that I put over them to make the faces glow but it left this hazy layer on the nails and the picture looks blurry. See for yourself.




For this catastrophe: I used China Glaze Free Love for the base and Orly Liquid Vinyl for the "Jacks". The glow in the dark polish was unnamed and from Sally Beauty Supply (one of the mini bottles).


Countdown to Halloween has begun :)
What do you think? Have you ever posted a nail fail like this one?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig