Sister Escape: Coffee with Carly x The Seven Guide


My sister and I took a little road trip last week for a blog-related event called Coffee With Carly presented by The Seven Guide in Stone Harbor, New Jersey. So, who is Carly you're probably wondering? Well, she is a blogger over on CarlyThePrepster.com! She has been blogging about her life, travels, style, etc. since her college days in 2008. My sister reads her blog and asked if I would tag along for the event. Never one to turn down an opportunity for some sister time of course I said yes! 

The even was called Coffee with @Carly: Calming the Storm + Finding Your Light -> a Meditation 101 Workshop + 5 Lessons on Staying True to Yourself from blogger and influencer, Carly Heitlinger. Phew, that is a mouthful. So let's break it down:

First, Brea from The Seven Guide welcomed us all there and invited us to grab some donuts, croissants, coffee, and water before getting started.
Then Kristin Paulson, an instructor from a local yoga studio, gave a brief talk about meditation and the benefits focusing on quieting your mind. We even did some practice breathing exercises which were sort of neat -- I may start meditating now. Finally, Carly came out and gave a talk on her experience as a blogger and her quest to stay true to herself in the influencer/marketing world.
I found her very likeable and have started reading her blog since attending the event. She's down to earth and I think her fashion sense is so cute. I love when I find new sources of inspiration for shopping and she definitely qualifies. Plus, she lives in New Jersey so we have that in common. The event was really fun and my sister and I had a great time handing out.
They even gave all the attendees a little goodie bag with some fun swag!
It included a Lilly Pulitzer "Getaway Packable Tote" in Blue Peri Viva La Lilly print, a pair of Lululemon underwear, a bracelet from the local shop People People, and a carton of ice cream (not pictured) that we could take to be filled at a local ice cream store, Springers Ice Cream. We wanted to hit the beach first so we filled up our cartons on our way home. Springers has the BEST chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Yummmmm!

We hit the beach for the rest of the day.
Then we headed home. We had a blast at the event and a very relaxing day at the beach afterward. I think I may have found a new go-to shore point!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig