Hello My People! Life Over the Last Few Months

Phew! It's been a few days weeks months, hasn't it?! Life really took off there for a minute and I had to wait for things to settle down a little before dropping in for a new post. But then I tried to sit down and write this post and there was just SO MUCH I wanted to share that I would start typing and then realize how long it was going to take and I would stop. What?! I know. But here I am, let's get this post finished! What have I been up to?

We bought a house! Finally! It's a good area, with good schools, great space, and some pretty solid potential. I can't wait to share more photos but for now I only have these.
The top left is obviously the front door (apologies for where I blurred out the realtor info and street number--I'm not sure yet how to handle privacy concerns while blogging about my home!) and the "SALE" sign. We didn't get a photo opp with the SOLD sign unfortunately. Bummer!

The top right photo is the big ole' bag of keys the sellers handed to us when we closed on our home. To be honest, we don't even know what half of them go to and we changed the locks as soon as we moved in so now we'll never know. We do still use the garage openers though.

The bottom left is me with our new door key. Although, I have never actually used it because I always go in through the garage and we added one of those keypad locks that don't need a key. So I just assume it works the locks. Also pictured is one of one our adorable new monogram doormats.

The last photo is a fantastically creepy photo of our garage. I think I was most excited that we both have a spot to park in the garage and I'm no longer fighting other apartment dwellers for a parking spot. Ugh, that struggle was too real. Believe me I will be sharing a lot more about the house but this is all for now.

We ended up settling on our house the day we got engaged, which I thought was pretty special. We celebrated our Engagement Day (Is that a thing? Can we make it a thing?) by returning to where Husband popped the question. It was an absolutely beautiful day and we had a great time reminiscing and walking through the gardens and the new grotto area by the fountains.
And this is the actual spot where we got engaged. At the time it was covered in the most beautiful tulips. The tulips hadn't bloomed yet this year so it looks somewhat barren but you can see the tulip bases growing.
They always have the most beautiful flowers at Longwood Gardens. I would live there if I could...
Also, I seem to be obsessed with yellow these days. No idea why.

We also celebrated our Dating Anniversary (Is that a thing? Can we make it thing?) which is around the same time as our Engagement Day (obviously many years apart though). We went to dinner at The Capital Grille, home of the most delicious creme brulee ever.
Swoon. I dream about the decadence of this dessert. Mmmmmmm. 

We also celebrated my 28th birthday. Husband surprised me with fantastic prezzies and a birthday feast!
He surprised me with gifts, including new sunglasses that I desperately needed and an amazing raclette grill! You may remember how much I love raclette from my visit in Paris during our honeymoon and celebrating my sister's 30th birthday in New York. The grill he gave me is perfect because it came with eight small raclette melting pans (4 on each side--can you say raclette party?!) and a cook top surface for grilling meats.
He also had quite the spread prepared, including asparagus, potatoes, mushrooms, prosciutto, Genoa salami, skirt steak (to be cooked on the grill), sliced baguette, cornichons, and of course the raclette cheese.
I ate way too much food. Don't let this small plate fool you. I had many plates before and after this:
How amazing does that melted cheese look? On that bread and over those potatoes?! Mmmmmm, my mouth is watering and now I really want raclette for dinner. And before you say "oh that's just like fondue" no, it's not. It's better. Much much much better.

I also completed my first Tough Mudder Half.
This will have to be a post by itself but it was absolutely insane. It was scary, difficult, and on a consistent basis had me wondering why the heck I wanted to do it in the first place. But it was also a really great time and I'm really proud that we made it through.

I also watched the Royal Wedding.
Image result for markle wedding
How could I not talk about the Royal Wedding? Remember how my roommate and I had a viewing party at 6 AM back when Kate Middleton and Prince William got married? I couldn't do a watch party this time (and I had to miss the watch party my sister had) because I had the Tough Mudder on the same day but of course I watched it when I got back! Meghan Markle, or no I'm sorry, the Duchess of Sussex looked beautiful and I was dyyyying over her reception dress. That white halter Stella McCartney looked amazing! I also think I'm cool now because I wore a Stella McCartney dress to one of my formals in high school. See the resemblance?
Meghan Markle stole my look. LOL. 
But let's just say her date was much better than my and all my friends' dates combined!

And finally, my younger brother turned 21!
My dad was sick so he couldn't partake in the "first shot" experience BUT my broski, my dad, my husband, and I all celebrated with a small trip to Vegas a few days later.
I think they both had a good time and I really enjoyed hanging out with them for four days! I can't believe he's 21. Time didn't feel like it was moving so fast when I was waiting to turn 21. I'll post more about Vegas in a separate post but for now I think that's everything. You're all caught up!

2 comments

  1. Welcome back :)
    Congratulations on the new house, the anniversaries (and date anniversaries and engagement anniversaries are a thing as far as I'm concerned ;) and the birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce! Glad to be popping back in :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig