This Past Weekend - College Reunion and Renaissance Faire

Sometimes it's nice to just pack a bag and get gone for a weekend, am I right? So this weekend presented the perfect opportunity to pack our mini luggage and have a bit of fun. On Saturday, we met up with my two college besties for our five year college reunion. It was Family Weekend/Homecoming Weekend at the college and they threw an "Oktoberfest" for all the alumnae. The food was delicious, let me just say.  We had a great time walking around the campus and seeing all our old spots. Not gonna lie, it felt like old times. And I didn't know how much I needed that.
It's exciting and a little unbelievable that we have been out of college for five years already. So much has changed yet so much is still the same. E (on the left of the photo) and I also caught up with a few of our favorite psych professors. It was nice to tell them all that we had accomplished since our college days!

Then on Sunday, Andrew and I went to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. I know there are three categories of people when it comes to the faire: (1) those who LOVE it and go all out and get dressed up in costume, (2) those who just go because it's something to do, an (3) those who think the faire is super geeky and would never go. We fall into category two --although really we go just for the giant turkey legs.
And maybe some of the performers. One of our faves this year was Circus Stella, which was a two performer team that did aerial silks, tightrope walking, balancing acts, and even some acts with their five dogs. It was also pretty cool because both performers have been on Ellen (the TV show)!
Now I can start the countdown to my next turkey leg. One year to go...

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig