An Overdue Recap: Nails, Meals, and Miles!

Sometimes a girl just needs to paint her nails, kick her feet up, and blog a little, you know? And for me that time is right now. Like right this very second. I know it’s been a while, so there are beaucoup updates to share!

What to start with? Oh! Some nail designs!
Feels good to post some nail photos finally. I can't remember the last time I posted a nail photo!

Ok moving on. We made our annual visit to the Philadelphia Car Show and this year they had an exhibit of famous cars featured in movies. Recognize these?
If you do, comment below what movies these are from!

Before meeting up with my fam for the car show, husband and I had a quick lunch of dim sum. We always go to the same place in Chinatown and I always rave about it because it is so delicious. We usually get multiple orders of steamed soup dumplings, chicken on a stick (YUM), and potato cakes to share.
I enjoy their soup dumplings the most--they are so addicting!

We also celebrated our 10th Valentine’s Day together this past February. We made two dinners (turkey meatballs with spaghetti and garlic bread on Valentine's Day and then steak, green beans, and smashed potatoes on the weekend).
Speaking of pasta, have you tried Banza pasta? It’s like regular pasta but made out of chickpeas! It’s delicious and you can pretty much use it to replace any wheat pasta. I don't know if it's supposed to be healthier or not but we always keep a couple boxes around.

Speaking of food, can I tell you how obsessed I am with Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning?
I know I’m the billionth person talking about this seasoning but it is SO good. I literally put it on everything. It even makes a simple light English Muffin taste like a bagel.

But enough about food. Let's talk about the fact that it is finally spring! Spring and Easter décor has taken over the store and I am so excited for the weather to get nice out. To celebrate the impending spring I made a faux floral arrangement to jazz up my drab family room.
And the bucket I used for the faux floral arrangement? It was DIY. I'll do a post later about that!

Speaking of nice weather, I have really been trying to get into a consistent running/walking routine. I recently added the Disney marathon to my bucket list and I am easing my way into it. I'm thinking I might sign up for the 2020 marathon...but for now I'm really intimidated by the distance. I've been "running" on and off since last spring but I'm really trying to get disciplined about it.
To track my runs/walks I use the Nike Run Club app. Since January they have been doing monthly "Go More Get More" challenge where you have to run, or in my case run/walk, a certain distance each month. It has increased each month and it started with 15K in January, 20K in February, 30K in March, 42K in April,  and 60K in May. So far I have accomplished every month and it has been a really good way to keep motivated.

Oh and how can I do an update and not mention my progress on the Beauty and the Beast cross stitch that I'm working on!? Ahh, check out the progress. It's slow and steady but much like running a marathon I figure I have to make it to the end at some point! I'm just ecstatic it looks like a real picture now instead of just a bunch of random colored threads.
We've also started planning our trip to Switzerland! I'm sure there will be plenty of posts about that in the coming months and I'm just psyched I have something to look forward to! It looks like this trip is going to be slightly different than our honeymoon or our trip to Italy. Can't wait to hammer out all the plans!

So that's pretty much what I have been up to. How have you been? Anything exciting going on?
What is your favorite thing about spring?

1 comment

  1. very fun post, enjoyed reading
    Thanks for sharing

    new post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/04/lipton-yellow-label-tea-review.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig