Things for 2018

This year saw a wealth of excitement and fun here on The Files. I went to see Ariana Grande with my sister, celebrated one of my best friend's weddings, celebrated my own wedding, and made my world a little smaller by traveling to France, England, and Ireland. My mom turned 60, my sister turned 30, and my brother turned 20. We went to the Philadelphia Flower Show and I did a paint night with my sister. And I hung out with my college buds during a girls trip to Gettysburg

But now it's on to 2018 and I can't wait to see all that happens in the new year. Of course, it wouldn't be a new year without my Things For post. It's basically New Year's resolutions but a little different. Let's see how badly I failed I did based on the goals I set back in January 2017. My Things For 2017 list included the following: 
  1. Travel more. Thanks to the honeymoon I definitely traveled a bit more this year. I went to Paris, England, and Ireland with my new husband. I also traveled domestically to New York with my sister and to Gettysburg with some friends. 
  2. Do one swatch post per month. Hahaha, I went to look and see if I completed this and as it turns out I never swatched a polish in January...so that was a failed attempt from the beginning. I think I'll carry this on into the new year. I have to try one new never-before seen on the blog polish per month. That's not so bad, right?
  3. Try a new manicure technique. Completed! Gel polish application counts as a technique, right? This was the first year I attempted full on gel-polish-requiring-UV-lamp and I think it worked out really well. 
  4. Check things off my 101 in 1001 list and bucket list. Completed! I checked off #6, #80, #87, #89 (herehere,  and here), and #98 (here, herehere, and here) from my 101 in 1001 list. I also checked off #25, #29, #34, #73, #144, #159, #169, #196, #204, #211 #219, #220A,  #253, #481, #492, #517, #628, #629, #630, #631, #633, #635, #636, #637, #638, #648 kinda sorta, #651m  from my Bucket List. I am actually surprised with how many items I completed so I think I made really good progress on both lists.
  5. Review this list and create a list for 2018 (and try not to be shocked that it's 2018!) Reviewed. Now to create a new list for 2019, although I am a little shocked it's 2018 already...
My Things for 2018 are going to be:
  1. Travel to a new country and/or state.  
  2. Use one new never-before-used-on-the-blog polish per month.
  3. Check at least five things off my Bucket List and two things off my 101 in 1001 list.
  4. Post a design for every major holiday: Valentine's Day, Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas, and New Year's Eve.
  5. Review this list and create a list for 2019. 

What are some of your goals for the new year?

1 comment

  1. I decided to skip goals and just enjoy life as it comes... does that count as a goal? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig