Let's get some nails up in here, right? OPI Russian Navy

Today's post is a pause from my trip down Honeymoon Lane and instead I'm bringing a LONG awaited nail post! I think I mentioned before how the nail salon I went to before my wedding ruined my nails, right? I decided to get a gel French manicure -- on a second thought I should have just done it myself. Eh, hindsight is 20/20.

Anyway, the gel went on fine enough and it did last through the two weeks we were away without so much as a tip wear. But then we got home and I was ready for a change. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I kept a polish on for two consecutive weeks.

So I sat down to soak my nails with pure acetone (I know, no bueno) and turned on the TV to catch up on my shoes. I soaked for 10 minutes. Then 10 minutes more. Then 10 minutes more. And nothing. The gel would not come off. I waited for bits to get loose and then I started picking at it (again, no bueno) but there were huge chunks left on each nail. I tried filing and buffing and although it did get rid of some of the gel I was too afraid that I was getting too close to my real nail.
So I left it alone, chunks of gel and all, and just painted over it. And that's what I've been doing for....one month and three weeks or so. Can you believe there is still some gel on my nails?? Even though I used a dark polish you can still see some of it in the photo above. See the line on my ring finger nail? Yep, gel. AKA Satan's material. I used OPI Russian Navy because the color was dark and Halloween appropriate. This is an old polish and I don't reach for it as much as I should!
And a photo holding an apple because...#teamcleaneats. I'm really doing well on the whole clean-eating thing, minus this past weekend. Lol. I'll tell you WHY in an upcoming post!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig