Walk for a Cure: Alzheimer's Walk

This past weekend a friend of mine (S) and participated in Walk For A Cure, a 5k fundraiser for Alzheimer's Disease in Philadelphia. There were a ton of people supporting the cause and the walk went by so quickly. 
My maternal great-grandmother had Alzheimer's so I received a purple flower to walk around with. I even had painted my nails to match the purple. Coincidence?? I think not.
 At the end of the walk all the flowers got put into "garden." The colors were based on if you lost someone to the disease, if you knew someone with the disease, or if you had the disease yourself.
It was a beautiful day and I hope to be involved again next year!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment below or email me at nikkisnailfiles[at]gmail[dot]com to share your ideas. Feel free to leave links to your posts so I can check them out!

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig